“The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage.” Proverbs 21:5
The beginning of a new year is also a good time to seek the presence of our Heavenly Father and His guidance for our lives. I came across these ten questions, posed by writer Don Whitney, and thought I would share them with my readers as the New Year approaches.
- What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
- What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
- What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
- In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
- What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
- What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
- For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
- What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
- What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
- What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
If you choose one question a day for the next ten days and seriously seek the Lord in prayer to direct your steps in 2012, then share your replies by clicking on the comment link below. Happy New Year!
May you and yours be continually transformed by HIS love!